PW Data Group provide Wireless Bridge installation solutions to allow you to share your network with other buildings across distances up to 4km.
If you’re looking to connect an office or remote building to the main building network, many traditional options such as renting services from a telco, or digging trenches and laying new cable can be costly, time consuming, and often impossible in many environments. The solution to this is to use a Wireless Bridge to link the two.
A Wireless Bridge set up can replace these expensive traditional bridging methods to provide fast and secure connectivity for data, voice and video applications to your remote buildings.
What is a Wireless Bridge Link?
A wireless bridge is a network connection between two or more physically separated points. The network bridge is usually created using a wireless signal, however it can also be made using light, operating software or traditional network cabling.
Network bridge connections can be in a Point to Point or Point to Multi-Point configuration and can provide fast, secure connectivity for data, voice and video applications. Wireless bridges are especially suited to organisations with large campus sites and multiple buildings where traditional connection methods may be difficult due to pre-existing roads and utilities which make new service provision difficult to construct.
We can provide you with a Wireless Bridge set up tailored to your organisation. Considering your environment and the bandwidth you’re looking to transfer, we can choose a solution specific to your requirements and more importantly your budget.
Our 2 most popular bridges which we have carried out a number of installations and set ups for information critical organisations such as ITV include:
PWWB 2.4GHz Wireless Bridge Link
- Provides a simple and low-cost point to multi-point solution with a clear line of sight between the base station and subscribers
- Ideal for connecting buildings, warehouses or offices to share main building network. Popular with university campuses, hospital sites and small business parks
- Antennas are usually of two types; omni-directional and sector type, typically 60 – 120 degree beam width
PWWB 5GHz Wireless Bridge Link
- Better for higher data rate applications and where there is no clear line of sight between the base station and subscribers
- Can be the back-bone connection to multiple wireless ‘Hot-spots’ around a town or area
- Used to deliver community-wide broadband in urban and rural areas where a Point of Presence is then extended to a number of subscribers – typically businesses around the town or area
- Antennas are usually sector type, typically 120 degree beam width
- Can deliver both IP Ethernet data and E1 voice (including IP based CCTV)
All our wireless bridge installation and set ups come with a 100% satisfaction guarantee to deliver the bandwidth your looking for, or your money back. We are confident in our set ups and believe we can provide you with a bridging service to exceed your expectations. Our engineers specialise in wireless bridge installations and can have your bridge set up in just a few hours.
Take a look at what we did for ITV here